The Los Angeles Unified School District continues to make academic gains according to figures released last Friday by the California Department of Education. The District increased 9 points on the Academic Performance Index (API).
Board District 4 schools continue to be models of academic excellence. The following schools deserve recognition:
Highest Performing Schools:
- Wonderland Elementary, 964 API
- Revere Middle School, 817 API
- Palisades High School, 781 API
Highest API Gains:
- West Hollywood Elementary, +68 points
- Le Conte Middle School, +33 points
- Fairfax High School, +26 points
I’d also like to congratulate Taft High School for exiting Program Improvement status this year!
And finally, I’d like to thank the school staff, faculty, administrators, parents and students who all work hard to achieve academic excellence. Keep up the good work!
Visit www.cde.ca.gov to view Academic Performance Index (API) results.